Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in Philippines

can you please give me some opinions on how to settle this case:

we have a neighbor who built a pen that overlapped my family's property line by 1 meter. he refuses to settle this is our barangay (town office).

they say if we were to take this in court , it would be a long process and we would not benefit from this because the man who owns the pen does not a any source of income. i would like to know if this is an illegal/ criminal case, and if so how serious? can you please give me some options on how to settle this in a good manner. we have the evidence that he is trespassing and want him to remove the pen immediately.

Asked on 3/16/13, 10:40 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys


Sue him so that you can recover the property covered by the pen.

Read more
Answered on 3/24/13, 5:11 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in Philippines