Legal Question in Banking Law in Puerto Rico

without a will

my mother has passed and she had no will, what does the bank do with her money?

Asked on 3/02/09, 8:48 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Warren Markowitz Warren R. Markowitz, Esq

Re: without a will

The assets of a deceased person without a will are the property of her heirs. That is the local intestacy laws dictate to whom her property, cash, and other items are distributed to.

I suggest that you apply to the court for letters of administration. This will allow you to rap up your mothers affairs.

Read more
Answered on 3/02/09, 10:57 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Banking Law questions and answers in Puerto Rico