Legal Question in Criminal Law in Puerto Rico


i need to communicate with my fiance, he is held in Puerto Rico and i cant get a person who speaks english. He has been in for 4 days and i spoke to him only once for 2 minutes.

Please help me.

Asked on 8/23/03, 5:36 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Julio C. Alejandro Julio C. Alejandro Serrano Attorney at Law

Re: communication

You must indicate what is the nature of the "holding" of your fiancee. Puerto Rican Correctional facilities barely speak spanish, so contacting someone who is able to speak english will be a true quest. You need to indicate the place in which you were able to speak to your fiancee. You must also provide whatever information you may have gathered regarding the charges pressed against him, supposing that the "holding" is a pretrial detention. What is almost certain is that your fiancee will have a right to bail, since that right is of constitutional category in Puerto Rico.

Read more
Answered on 8/26/03, 6:14 pm
Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

Re: communication

Who could possibly help when you haven't provided

sufficient facts, such as the name of the person who is being held, in what facility(the exact name),where it is located, the phone number of the prison/jail facility, the charge under which he is being held, etc.

Read more
Answered on 8/23/03, 11:05 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Puerto Rico