Legal Question in Entertainment Law in Puerto Rico

model/talent release form

i live in california and will be doing photoshoot for my clothing line in Puerto Rico using local models and photographer. What release form can i get that will be valid there?

Asked on 6/01/09, 2:56 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Gordon Firemark Law Offices of Gordon P. Firemark

Re: model/talent release form

A standard model release form should do the trick. You'll also want to make sure the photographer signs a proper license and/or copyright assignment agreement so you can use the images as you intend.

Don't forget about location releases if you're using any private property, and finally, you may need permits from the local authorities... especially if you're planning to shut down any publicly available facilities while you shoot.

Read more
Answered on 6/05/09, 5:29 pm
Richard Jefferson M.E.T.A.L. LAW GROUP, LLP

Re: model/talent release form


Puerto Rico recognized U.S. law so a proper form that works in the U.S. is fine.

Read more
Answered on 6/01/09, 2:59 pm
Glenn Truitt Truitt Law Group

Re: model/talent release form

Because of its status, you can use a form similar to what you would use in the US - just be certain to state that Puerto Rican law will apply.

A good simple starter form is available here:

Let me know if you need any further assistance!

Read more
Answered on 6/01/09, 3:41 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Entertainment & Sport Law questions and answers in Puerto Rico