Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Rhode Island

I won is small claims court and a judgement was agreed upon that the defendant would pay me $100 weekly and sign over her state and federal income tax checks to me. I have not been paid in over 2 months. What is the best approach I can take to ensure I get paid? Can I garnish her tax refunds in small claims court? Can I garnish her bank account? How do I go about doing this if possible?

Asked on 1/18/11, 7:25 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Paul Lancia Attorney Paul Lancia

1. Hire a lawyer to collect the money


2. Go to the clerk's office and get an execution and have it levied on their bank accounts.


3. Have them summoned into court on supplementary process and have the court enforce the order/judgement.

Read more
Answered on 1/24/11, 11:46 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Rhode Island