Legal Question in Family Law in Rhode Island

My ex has not seen our daughter in almost 5 years. She is 8 now and was 3 when he was incarcerated for arson. We did go back to court for visitation when he was released and he was granted 4 hours every other weekend supervised. After one day visit he was back in jail after domestic battery and parole violation. Since then we have not heard from him ..can I terminate his parental rights on those grounds?

Asked on 3/07/13, 10:23 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jonathan Whaley Whaley, Bowie & Bagley LLC

Possibly. More information is necessary, but it appears you may have a case. I suggest you speak with a Rhode Island family law attorney. Feel free to contact my office if you'd like. Best of luck.

Read more
Answered on 3/28/13, 12:50 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Rhode Island