Legal Question in Family Law in Rhode Island

father rights- What rights does the father have? There no court order yet. Father pays weekly for support of Children. Mother and children live with mothers much younger boyfriend and his parents. Boyfriend just got arrested for drugs. Mother is not allowing father to see his children.

Asked on 9/16/13, 5:29 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jonathan Whaley Whaley, Bowie & Bagley LLC

Dad needs to get a court order as soon as possible. Based on the information you gave, he currently has the same rights as Mom but no reasonable way to enforce them. He will want to get visitation, or possibly placement, rights ordered by the court. Have Dad call my office to set up a free consultation.

Read more
Answered on 9/17/13, 3:46 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Rhode Island