Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Rhode Island

I was cited for possession of alcohol as a minor at a party in middletown Rhode Island but pleaded not guilty at my hearing because I was not in possession of alcohol that night. Now I have a pre trial date tomorrow and would like to know what to expect and what I should say as I do not have a lawyer representing me. Please help

Asked on 3/25/13, 5:08 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jonathan Whaley Whaley, Bowie & Bagley LLC

I would suggest you hire an attorney. Even though these charges are relatively minor, they may carry adverse consequences that could follow your for a long time. An attorney can help you defend yourself against the charges. As in all criminal charges, the facts matter greatly. An attorney would be able to evaluate the facts and the evidence against you, and ultimately determine the best course of actions. Feel free to contact my office if you would like to speak with an attorney.

Read more
Answered on 3/28/13, 12:39 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Rhode Island