Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Rhode Island


if someone writes a will in one state canyou go to another state and ghange your will

Asked on 3/31/04, 5:12 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Walter LeVine Walter D. LeVine, Esq.

Re: wills

A Will drawn in one state can be changed to conform to the laws of another state by Codicil. If there have been any changes in situations it might be better to just start over. If no changes are required, just conformity, it can be done by a republication Codicil, which just references changes in addresses and has the new state requirements. Write me directly if you have any other questions.

Read more
Answered on 4/01/04, 1:17 pm
Norman Nadel Norman Nadel, Esq.

Re: wills

A person can change his or her Will anytime, any place.

It has to be executed in accordance with the laws of the jurisdiction in which it is signed.

Read more
Answered on 3/31/04, 5:19 pm
Bunji Fromartz Fromartz Law Offices

Anyone may make a new will anywhere

Subject to very few limitations, you can rewrite and modify your will at any time or place, as long as the will is properly executed.

Read more
Answered on 3/31/04, 8:50 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Rhode Island