Legal Question in Business Law in Russian Federation

purchasing property

Can a Greek purchase property in Moscow and have it registered in its name?

Can an off-shore company( for example a company based in the republic of the islands and being represented by 2 or 3 directors who are Greek citizens) purchase property in Moscow and what will be the taxes\fees to pay?

What papers will be required?

If company's papers are in English can they be translated in Russian by a Russian lawyer or by the Russian Embassy in Athens?

Asked on 5/22/09, 6:29 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

NIkolay Zorin Zorin Law Office

Re: purchasing property

General answer to questions 1 and 2 is affirmative, however restrictions may be applied depending on the specific property and legal status thereof. Taxes and fees estimation and calculation would be provided if a detailed description of the property subject to purchase is given. General answer to question 3: passports and duly legalized copies of foundation documents of the company. 4: Documents in foreign languages should be presented as originals or legalized copies to the certified translator in Russia, then translation should be notarized by Russian notary public.

Read more
Answered on 5/22/09, 7:08 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Russian Federation