Legal Question in Traffic Law in South Carolina

Traffic Accident Jurisdiction

If involved in an auto accident in So. Carolina, but

both drivers of veichles are from other states(OK &

Florida) & you are not at fault(other driver cited)

& you wish to obtain a lawyer for your personal

injury claim&you live in Oklahoma, dealing with State

Farm Ins in Oklahoma(other drivers insurance co) Do

you have to obtain a lawyer in So Carolina for your

permenant injurie claim?

Asked on 5/05/01, 2:29 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

William O'Neil O'Neil Law Firm

Re: Traffic Accident Jurisdiction

Where in SC did this accident occur? What is the amount of your medical bills? What was the date of your accident? Our law firm office number is 843-448-0920. We may be able to represent you or help you find another law firm to take your case.

Read more
Answered on 6/20/01, 3:33 pm

Robert Johnston Law Offices of Robert J. Johnston

Re: Traffic Accident Jurisdiction

If your case settles without the necessity of filing suit, then no you don't need a South Carolina lawyer. However, if the lawyer isn't from South Carolina, then the insurance company will know that and will take advantage of you and in all likelyhood, you will not recieve as much. If the case has to be filed in court, then you absolutely must have a South Carolina lawyer. In either event, its best for your case if you have a lawyer from South Carolina. Robert Johnston; Toll Free 1-888-789-8100

Read more
Answered on 6/28/01, 10:29 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Traffic Law questions and answers in South Carolina