Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in South Carolina

My name

Can I sue the company I work for because they don't call me by the name that is on my uniform.

Asked on 10/25/02, 9:52 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Sheldon G. Bardach Law Offices of Sheldon G. Bardach

Re: My name

In a word, NO! That is, you can sue, but you could not state a cause of action. Unless, you can prove some comprehensive plan of intentionally harassing you and perpetrating willful emotional distress. I would personally let it pass!

Read more
Answered on 10/26/02, 9:21 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in South Carolina