Legal Question in Consumer Law in South Carolina

I purchased a 2005 BMW X5 for $14,000 on May 13 from an used car dealership. I put $7500 down and financed the difference. The dealer agreed to fix the navigation system which runs the navigation, radio, and every other system in the vehicle. I has been almost 30 days and he has not fixed the problem yet. He has consistently given me an excuse and the problem is still not resolved. I told him that I would like to reverse this transaction because he has not fixed the problem. He has refused and stated he will fix it. It is almost 30 days and I would like to know what are my rights in this situation.

Asked on 4/08/13, 9:56 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Jackson Law Office of John A. Jackson, P.C.

While the dealer will not agree, you have a right to revoke your acceptance of the vehicle. I suggest that you write a letter to the dealer saying that you are revoking your acceptance of the vehicle and that you will be returning it to him in 14 days. Send him the letter by certified mail and First Class US Mail. Send it to a named person, preferably the general manager. When the dealer ignores or reject your demands give me a call (843-633-0314) and I will see if I can help you out or refer you to an attorney who can. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 4/08/13, 10:07 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in South Carolina