Legal Question in Criminal Law in South Carolina

I am a 22yr old college student and was arrested at my school for burglary 1st degree. This is my first offense and some details about the case is that what i took i actually brought back and had some people actually tell the police on me same day i brought it back because they were caught on camera during the time i took it.My public defender at first said i can get pti but now shes saying i might get probation and change to 2nd degree burglary or 3rd degree what going on its really stressing me out, and are there any other options out there .

Asked on 5/06/13, 6:20 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Johnston Law Offices of Robert J. Johnston

I really wish I could help. That is why I belong to this web site. Unfortunately, your Public Defender is really the only person that is really in a good position to answer your questions. She is the one with all of the information, discovery, evidence, and so forth. Plus, she is the one that has talked with the prosecutor. Another lawyer could give you advise, but only general advise and you want specific questions answered, which I do not blame you at all.

You would be better off with a private lawyer if you can afford one. The public defenders are all good and experienced attorneys. Its just that they all have way way too many files and its hard for them to give everybody the personal time they desire.

Good luck.

Robert J. Johnston, Attorney

[email protected]


Read more
Answered on 5/07/13, 11:03 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in South Carolina