Legal Question in Criminal Law in South Carolina

I was charged with 4 counts of Threatening the life of a police officer stemming from an illegal traffic warrant. I was arrested in my home after the police illegally entered and assaulted my children's mother in the process. After I arrived at the city jail I was transported to the county jail with these extra charges and held on + $20,000 bond. I made bond, paid off the bonding company and received a preliminary hearing. After that hearing I have not been contacted again and the charges are on my record. This is causing very negative effects on my employment opportunities and I am almost sure the courts do not plan to prosecute further due to the circumstances of my arrest. How long does the State Court have to prosecute this case? It shows up on my Criminal Background Check as a Class F Felony. This took place 09-12-2010 and many employers are turning me away due to it not being resolved. I have made over 10 attempts in the past 3 years to get the case resolved and have received nothing in response. I NEED HELP to get the off my record and move forward with my life.

Asked on 1/26/14, 9:35 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Johnston Law Offices of Robert J. Johnston

If you call the solicitor's office where you were arrested, or better yet, send a certified letter saying you have what you described and you want a phone call, I think you will get it. You need to act on this because there could be a bench warrant for you.

Robert Johnston

Read more
Answered on 2/01/14, 7:02 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in South Carolina