Legal Question in Criminal Law in South Carolina

I have no prior record but was charged this summer with public intox, obstruction and simple assault all at the same time. The bad thing is, I dont remember the incedent... so I dont know how to defend myself...

I was on my first mini vacay since my son, was born, he is now 3. I am a good person. I am terrified I am going to get jail time. I have not drank since the incedent... please help with any advice you have. The court is so small they only have one attourney for everyone and they said to just come early the day of court and speak with her, but this is keeping me up at night....

Asked on 11/24/15, 12:11 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Johnston Law Offices of Robert J. Johnston

Your best bet is to get a lawyer. It shouldn't cost too much for a simple case, which yours is. If its your first offense, you will have more options. Even if its not, there are still a number of ways this can be handled. From what you've described, jail is unlikely. But still, consider a lawyer. Its really your best option.

Robert J. Johnston

Horry County


Read more
Answered on 11/24/15, 3:33 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in South Carolina