Legal Question in Family Law in South Carolina

12 year old daughter

My ex-wife is trying to tell me that my 12 year old daughter can now decide to not come see me during my court ordered visitation at X-Mas. So, that she may take a trip on a cruise. This would be the fourth year that thay have came up and said they must leave to go on their trip before X-Mas. My ex encourages my daughter, by saying it doesn't matter. I don't have a problem with this every other year,but not every one.Thanks Darin

Asked on 6/17/07, 1:36 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Ben Stevens The Stevens Firm, P.A. Family Law Center

Re: 12 year old daughter

Your ex-wife is not correct, and you can seek to have her held in contempt of court if she fails to allow you to exercise the specified visitation.

If you need more information, you can visit my family law blog ( or our website ( I wish you the best of luck.

Ben Stevens

Read more
Answered on 6/17/07, 1:27 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in South Carolina