Legal Question in Family Law in South Carolina

Child Custody in South Carolina

Can a mother with legal custody leave the state with her children to live with another man?

My ex daughter in law plan to leave the state with my grandchildren. She plan to live with her boyfriend that plays in a band. She gave me temporary custody for five months. She picked them up in December and now plans to leave for Tenn on the 25th.

Can the father block or stop her from moving the children out of state?

Asked on 2/12/09, 1:36 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robin Cromer Cromer Law Firm, LLC

Re: Child Custody in South Carolina

In South Carolina, you can always return to family court to ask for a ruling in the best interests of the children. You can ask for a change in temporary or permanent custody based upon a change in circumstances of the parties.

Read more
Answered on 2/12/09, 6:17 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in South Carolina