Legal Question in Family Law in South Carolina

I have a custody agreement and specifically says no overnight guests in the presence of the children. My ex-wife has broken this agreement on more than one occasion in the past few months, is this a criminal offense in the state of SC, and do I have a case to try to get custody of my children?

Asked on 6/14/13, 9:39 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Ben Stevens The Stevens Firm, P.A. Family Law Center

It's not a crime. However, it can serve as a basis for a contempt action, and/or it can serve as a basis to seek a change of custody.

These are complex issues, and it is important that they be handled correctly. Therefore, it is important that you consult an experienced family law attorney to find out what options are available to you based on the facts of your particular case.

If you need more information, you can visit my family law blog ( or our website ( I wish you the best of luck.

Ben Stevens

Read more
Answered on 6/14/13, 11:24 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in South Carolina