Legal Question in Family Law in South Carolina


my sons mother has brought my son to me,wants me to keep him. ido not want to lose him again do i need to involve the courts.

Asked on 2/05/09, 6:12 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Ben Stevens The Stevens Firm, P.A. Family Law Center

Re: custudy

If there is not an existing Court Order, then you will be on uncertain ground and perhaps subject to her coming to retrieve the child in the future. The only way to know for sure what your rights with regard to your child is to get an Order issued.

These are complex issues, and it is important that they be handled correctly. Therefore, it is important that you consult an experienced family law attorney to find out what options are available to you based on the facts of your particular case.

If you need more information, you can visit my family law blog ( or our website ( I wish you the best of luck.

Ben Stevens

Read more
Answered on 2/11/09, 2:58 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in South Carolina