Legal Question in Family Law in South Carolina

My godson's mother was arrested and now my godson is in foster care his aunt has been coming down from Ohio(we're in SC) weekly to visit him. My husband and I just found tonight,but plan to go tomorrow to see what we can do. The lawyer is asking for two grand to take the case and we do not have all the money. What can we do to get our godson out of foster care?

Asked on 2/27/13, 6:17 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Barbara Strowd Barbara A. Strowd, Attorney at Law

I do suggest trying to hire an attorney to assist you, but in the meantime you might contact the SC Dept. of Social Services for the county the child was living in to find out if you might be considered for custody. If you cannot get anywhere with the Dept. you might talk to some other attorneys and you may find someone willing to accept payments. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 3/20/13, 7:36 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in South Carolina