Legal Question in Family Law in South Carolina

My house is in my name can my separated wife make me sale it?

Asked on 8/19/14, 7:28 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Ben Stevens The Stevens Firm, P.A. Family Law Center

The answer will depend on the status of your case and what's on your Court Order. If your Order says yes, then that's the answer. If not, then you may very well be able to prevent her from doing so.

These are complex issues, and it is important that they be handled correctly. Therefore, it is important that you consult an experienced family law attorney to find out what options are available to you based on the facts of your particular case.

If you need more information, you can visit my family law blog ( or our website ( I wish you the best of luck.

Ben Stevens

Read more
Answered on 8/20/14, 6:19 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in South Carolina