Legal Question in Family Law in South Carolina

My husband does not legally have custody of his two children, both of whom live with us.Their mother left them in his care and has moved to another state. Their original child support agreement says that he still technically owes child support (even though they live with us 100% of the time). The state of FL is trying to have him pay back child support and has suspended his license due to non payment. What should our next step be in erasing his debts, and potentially seeking child support from the children's mother? No one in currently living in FL, where this originated.

Asked on 6/19/13, 8:39 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Jackson Law Office of John A. Jackson, P.C.

Hire an attorney in Florida to help sort the situation out. The father should have filed for a modification of support when the mother left the children with him.

Read more
Answered on 6/24/13, 4:29 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in South Carolina