Legal Question in Family Law in South Carolina

I have Joint Care Custody of my son, who lives with his mother. We have a court order and there are some decisions that need to be made by both parties and i have tried discussiong them with her by phone,texts,and emails and have had no return. I have had threats and damaging things said to me in the presence of my son for his mother by phone and texts, also threats that im going to be taken back to court, and that is i dont pay more money then i have no say so in my sons decisions. i do pay child support and have been cureent with it and also pay half of his meds. I want to know if i can have sometype of meeting set up withboth parties in a non-threathening enviroment to speak only about my son and nothing else.

Asked on 4/16/13, 12:48 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Ben Stevens The Stevens Firm, P.A. Family Law Center

The court is not likely to force a meeting between the two of you if you cannot agree. If joint custody is not working in your situation, you might need to consider seeking to modify it.

These are complex issues, and it is important that they be handled correctly. Therefore, it is important that you consult an experienced family law attorney to find out what options are available to you based on the facts of your particular case.

If you need more information, you can visit my family law blog ( or our website ( I wish you the best of luck.

Ben Stevens

Read more
Answered on 4/17/13, 7:56 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in South Carolina