Legal Question in Family Law in South Carolina

My ex left me while pregnant with my son we live in anderson sc and she moved to seneca and didnt tell me anything about the baby until a few days ago and my son was born on june 23rd when she did finally contact me she informed me that another man was there at the time of birth and my son now has his last name not hers or mine and on top of that now she doesnt wanna let me see my son what can i do

Asked on 7/10/14, 3:37 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Ben Stevens The Stevens Firm, P.A. Family Law Center

You have several options available to you, including seeking custody, visitation, and/or a name change for the child. However, these issues need to be addressed sooner rather than later, as time will work against you if you do nothing.

These are complex issues, and it is important that they be handled correctly. Therefore, it is important that you consult an experienced family law attorney to find out what options are available to you based on the facts of your particular case.

If you need more information, you can visit my family law blog ( or our website ( I wish you the best of luck.

Ben Stevens

Read more
Answered on 7/10/14, 8:19 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in South Carolina