Legal Question in Family Law in South Carolina

I live in SC ,my ex is almost 2 years behind in child support about a year ago he moved to CA to try to get out of being put back in jail is there any way i can get him to trimnate his rights he has nothing to do with my child but paying child support

Asked on 3/25/13, 10:29 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Barbara Strowd Barbara A. Strowd, Attorney at Law

It is possible to have his rights terminated if he has failed to visit your child or support your child for greater than 6 months. He may also voluntarily terminate his rights. The documents for terminating rights are very specific. If they are incorrect the case may be dismissed. Please at least consult with an Attorney off you plan to do it yourself. If his rights are terminated child support will stop but any arrearage may remain due. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 3/26/13, 9:58 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in South Carolina