Legal Question in Family Law in South Carolina

i was ordered to pay child support to wayne county michigan and i was living in union s.c. and had to pay through them..i finished paying in 2009 and didnt owe michigan any more child support..few months later i was arrested for non paymen by union s.c. and i told them i didnt owe any more and i sent a paper from michigan i got to prove i was paid in full and now i have a warrant for second time for same case..what should i do? can i get someone to call and talk to them for me? can i sue them if i get arrested?

Asked on 6/30/13, 5:56 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Jackson Law Office of John A. Jackson, P.C.

You need to go to court and have the support modified once and for all, I suggest that you hire an attorney to ensure that the matter is taken care of properly.

Read more
Answered on 6/30/13, 7:06 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in South Carolina