Legal Question in Family Law in South Carolina

this question is about German child support

I am in SC and just recently recieved notice that there might be a warrant for my arrest. the warrant is for failing to pay german child support. I have never been to any court and last I heard, the childs mother was denied any further assistance because of a fraud issue. Is it really possible that a german citizen can take away the freedom of an american. A subpeona, fine, ot even garnished wages I can understand but freedom?

Asked on 2/09/09, 12:05 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Robin Cromer Cromer Law Firm, LLC

Re: this question is about German child support

You should get this taken care of as soon as possible. You can have an attorney call to get more information regarding this warrant. Then you will be better able to decide what to do. You may have to get an attorney in Germany to assist you if the warrant is from a German court.

Read more
Answered on 2/12/09, 6:06 pm

Ben Stevens The Stevens Firm, P.A. Family Law Center

Re: this question is about German child support

Without knowing much more information, it is not possible to answer your specific question. Certainly, if you were not properly notified of a pending case against you, then you may have some very valid defenses that you could use to protect yourself.

These are complex issues, and it is important that they be handled correctly. Therefore, it is important that you consult an experienced family law attorney to find out what options are available to you based on the facts of your particular case.

If you need more information, you can visit my family law blog ( or our website ( I wish you the best of luck.

Ben Stevens

Read more
Answered on 2/11/09, 3:14 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in South Carolina