Legal Question in Family Law in South Carolina

Can you refuse a court ordered guardian ad litem? The court went ahead and gave the otehr parent vistitation which is why we wanted the ad litem to began with, because he has no place set up for the baby who's 9 months old nor does he know how to properly care for a child with possible seizures. He has had the baby for a month now so I don't see the need for the ad litem now.

Asked on 4/02/13, 11:41 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Jackson Law Office of John A. Jackson, P.C.

It is very difficult to remove one GAL and get another one in place. If you did not have an attorney before you should hire one now. An attorney would be better able to advocate your position to the GAL.

Read more
Answered on 4/02/13, 12:13 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in South Carolina