Legal Question in Family Law in South Carolina

I am seeking the custody of three children. The mother of the children requested that I and two children of ours, along with one from a previous relationship, leave the home so that she "could have some freedom". The three children have remained in my care for six months until November 23rd when she asked that I come get one of the children she still has. She also wanted one of the children I was already caring for back into her care. I went and retrieved the fourth child, and kept all four in my care. when I began to enroll the child into her new school the mother withheld medical and insurance information. The fourth child has told me of several instances of Physical and Mental abuse, along with neglect, not only from the mother but the mother's significant other as well. The mother is mentally unstable, and has told me she feels suicidal without her children. She still has two children in her care that I am afraid for. What is the best plan of action I can take, and how can I acquire the information I need to complete school and doctor forms.

Asked on 12/05/14, 6:15 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Ben Stevens The Stevens Firm, P.A. Family Law Center

These are complex issues, and it is important that they be handled correctly. Therefore, it is important that you consult an experienced family law attorney to find out what options are available to you based on the facts of your particular case.

If you need more information, you can visit my family law blog ( or our website ( I wish you the best of luck.

Ben Stevens

Read more
Answered on 12/06/14, 10:59 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in South Carolina