Legal Question in Family Law in South Carolina

My son has been separated about a month now and would like to know if there has not been anything filled on either side does he have legal right s to pick up his daughter for a visit and not take he back to her mother due to the fact that there is another man in the home with them, they fight constantly and my son feels like it is not a good environment for his daughter.....My son is 30 years old lives with me and his it legal?

Asked on 3/07/14, 12:55 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Suzanne Hawkins Hawkins Law

Where has the daughter been spending most of her time? If they have established a de facto pattern, he may want to file something to change it. Looking at the long term, his safest bet is to petition for a specific visitation schedule or to prevent the other man from staying overnight when the daughter is in the mother's house.

Read more
Answered on 3/07/14, 1:11 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in South Carolina