Legal Question in Real Estate Law in South Carolina

How do I add my daughters name to my real estate deed in SC?

Asked on 8/06/12, 1:43 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Barbara Strowd Barbara A. Strowd, Attorney at Law

To add your daughters to your deed you will need to have a deed drafted that says the property is being transferred from "you" to "you and your daughters." You will need to sign the deed in the presence of 2 witnesses and a notary. Then the deed must be recorded in the county in which the property is located. You want to make sure that the deed is done properly so I would suggest seeing an attorney with experience in this area to have the deed drafted and recorded.

Read more
Answered on 8/08/12, 4:13 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in South Carolina