Legal Question in Real Estate Law in South Carolina

My father is suing my mother and myself for custody of my dog. My father lives separately from my mother and me. The dog was given to me when I was 10 years old and I am now 21. I have a health record for the dog dated back in 1999 with my name as the owner. Is there anything else I need to do?

Asked on 1/05/10, 4:39 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Johnston Law Offices of Robert J. Johnston

I think you have been misinformed. You cannot sue for "custody" of a dog. You can sue for possession and ownership. If there is a law suit, then it can be defended in order to fight him so he won't win. Call an attorney in your area and ask them to look into is. Just out of curiosity, what county is this in?

Robert Johnston

[email protected]

Read more
Answered on 1/11/10, 6:10 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in South Carolina