Legal Question in Traffic Law in South Carolina

Careless or negligent driving

i was pulled over for speeding and the officer thought he was doing me a good deed by writing the ticket for careless or negligent driving where 0 points were taken off my license when he could have wrote me a speeding ticket. i am trying to get a job at a car dealership and with that careless or negligent driving on my record i cant have the job, is there anyway i could change the name of the ticket or just switch the ticket to speeding in order to get the job, i am not pleading innocent i just need the name of the charge to be changed. is there anything i could do.

Asked on 6/07/07, 9:40 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Elizabeth Hyatt E.H. Robinson Law, LLC

Re: Careless or negligent driving

Have you already paid a fine associated with this charge? If you haven't, you can go to court on your court date and explain the situation to the officer...he will likely change the ticket for you. If you have already paid the fine, talk to the judge, sometimes they can help you.

Read more
Answered on 6/08/07, 10:26 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Traffic Law questions and answers in South Carolina