Legal Question in Traffic Law in South Carolina

Motion to Discover

How exactly would I file a motion to discover inorder to receive all information or documents related to the notification of a suspended license.

Asked on 11/02/00, 5:11 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Johnston Law Offices of Robert J. Johnston

Re: Motion to Discover

Your question is a bit confusing. I'll try to explain. A "motion" is something you file with a court asking for a judge to order something. I don't get the impression that you have a court case pending. As far as recieving any information regarding notification of a suspended license, I assume your talking about a letter you got from the Department of Motor Vehicles. If that is true, then you could start by simply calling them. If that doesn't work, then you might be entitled to request the information under the Freedom of Information Act. You could look that up on the internet, possibly at your local libarary, one of the college libraries, or you could contact an attorney who could help you.

Read more
Answered on 11/16/00, 5:29 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Traffic Law questions and answers in South Carolina