Legal Question in Traffic Law in South Carolina

Traffic Court with no judge or officer

My son recieved a ticket for running a red light in Boiling Springs, SC in December 2007. He had a court date of January 7, 2008. We went to the location stated on the ticket only to find the doors locked with no notice. There were several people there in the same situation. We were told by the cleaning crew to come back another day. I have been unable to get anyone to tell me what to do next. We were planning to pay the ticket. I have been told that they could reschedule the hearing for another date but there was no gaurantee that they would send me a notice of the next hearing. They told me it was my responsiblity to get in touch with the officer and see if they want to reschedule. Since there was no notification at the hearing location or by mail do I have any recourse to have this ticket dropped.

Asked on 1/09/08, 8:35 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Elizabeth Hyatt E.H. Robinson Law, LLC

Re: Traffic Court with no judge or officer

I would certainly have an attorney make a motion to drop the ticket as a result of failure to prosecute and due process issues. Let me know if i can be of assistance.

[email protected]

Read more
Answered on 1/10/08, 2:53 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Traffic Law questions and answers in South Carolina