Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in South Carolina

adminstrators deed

I am the administrator of my fathers estate. He had some land down in South Carolina. I would like to sell this land to my niece (his grandaughter). What documents would I need to do so?

Asked on 6/17/09, 12:39 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Norman Nadel Norman Nadel, Esq.

Re: adminstrators deed

You have to initiate an ancillary proceeding in South Carolina and have your self appointed as the fiduciary in that state. I recommend that you make a telephone call to the probate office in the county in which the land is located and obtain the necessary papers and guidance. You may find it necessary to hire a local attorney area

Read more
Answered on 6/17/09, 10:18 am

William Cutchin Cutchin Law Firm

Re: adminstrators deed

You will need to file an ancillary probate with the probate court in the county in which the real estate is located. I suggest you definitely get an attorney to handle this for you.

Read more
Answered on 6/17/09, 11:12 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in South Carolina