Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in South Carolina


Estate left to 4 children of deceased. Two of which are living in the house. Both keep saying they are going to buy the house. It has been 18 months, neither has. Oldest now won't let youngest buy it because he says it's his house due to oldest. How can my sister and I get them out of the house to prepare it to sell. house has been deeded to all four of us. Oldest won't even let my sister and I in the house. Keeps changing locks, etc.

Asked on 7/25/08, 11:10 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robin Cromer Cromer Law Firm, LLC

Re: Estate

You have to get a court order to partition the property. You could have the home appraised and allow them to buy out your share or ask the court to have the home sold and the proceeds divided equally.

Read more
Answered on 7/25/08, 12:16 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in South Carolina