Legal Question in Workers Comp in South Carolina

carpal tunnel

I hurt both arms on my job,I only complained about my right shoulder and elbow on 3-23-06. 5 month ago I found out I may have carpal tunnel(job related) I'm sure.

The doctor release me back to full

time with no restrictions even though I was still having problems

and pain with my rt arm, I no longer work there and have not worked since these injuries because of the pain. I want to know am I intitled to to any benifits? I haven't singed any papers and still asking workers comp adjuster to send me to the dr.

She tells me I still have benifits med... But she stop paying me Even though I told her I wanted another dr. because I was not well

& the dr told me to find another line of work & that I couldn't keep riding workers comp.. I can't stand the pain in my rt or lt arm now, please tell me what to expect...thanks

Asked on 6/22/07, 7:12 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Alton L. Martin, Jr. Martin & Martin Attorneys, PA

Re: carpal tunnel

You should be entitled to additional medical treatment, weekly checks and a lump sum award for any permanent impairment. The Governor will be signing a new law effective July 1, 2007, that will change the way repetitive trauma injuries (carpal tunnel) are determined in S.C. I recommend that you speak with an attorney about filing a hearing request before that date.

Read more
Answered on 6/23/07, 12:55 pm

John Griffith Smith & Griffith, LLP

Re: carpal tunnel

You need to have your case reviewed by an attorney. An attorney can help you get medical treatment and the medical proof you will need to be properly compensated for your repetitive motion injuries.

Read more
Answered on 6/25/07, 9:48 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in South Carolina