Legal Question in Workers Comp in South Carolina

Federal Workers Comp. Claim

I was injured on 4/4/2000. My claim was turned down several times, before being accepted on 12/05/2001. I was fired on 8/30/2001, for not having 5 years of service, because I put in for a permenet lite duty job. Which the planet manager told me to put in for. I recevied my 5 year service award and my disabilty retirment on 10/5/2001. Know that my claim has been accepted I am trying to get my sceduled award but the OWCP can't get no information from the USPS. All I want is to switch my OPM check to workers comp. payments. Please help me if you can. I have not had a attorney, this has been hard on my family. I had a heart attack in 1/2002. I need some advice at least on what I should do. Thanks Pete

Asked on 11/03/02, 9:13 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Otto Ferrene, jr. Ferrene & Associates, PA

Re: Federal Workers Comp. Claim

You need to request a hearing. You also need an attorney.

Read more
Answered on 11/06/02, 6:47 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in South Carolina