Legal Question in Workers Comp in South Carolina

Workers Compensation

I am a nurse. I fell at work (under a wayward bed!) while transporting a patient and will be having surgery in the next couple of weeks. I am working a limited number of hours at this time until my surgery. My question is, will the insurance company give me a settlement at the end of all of this? I didn't know if everyone got one or not. Thank you

Asked on 2/06/08, 1:02 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Robert Johnston Law Offices of Robert J. Johnston

Re: Workers Compensation

The vast majority of Workers Compensation cases result in a settlement. However, I need to know a little more about your injuries. What type of injuries do you have and what type of operation? Robert Johnston

[email protected]

Read more
Answered on 2/06/08, 1:15 pm

John Griffith Smith & Griffith, LLP

Re: Workers Compensation

You will likely receive a settlement or an award from the Commission if you have a permanent injury or impairment. You need an attorney to review your case. I would be happy to talk you- there is no charge for a consult and if you hire me the fee will be contingent on obtaining a settlement or award for you. I handle workers compensation cases statewide.

Read more
Answered on 3/06/08, 12:37 pm
Randall Hood McGowan, Hood & Felder, LLC

Re: Workers Compensation

I received your inquiry today. You are eligible to receive a settlement but it is imperative to set your claim up in the correct way. You are entitled to all lost wages (2/3 of average weekly wage), compensation for your permanent disability and payment of all past and future medical bills which stem from the work related accident. Please feel free to call our office toll free if we can help in any way. Have a blessed week.

Read more
Answered on 3/03/08, 10:03 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in South Carolina