Legal Question in Civil Litigation in South Dakota

obtaining a copy of an entered judgement

I am trying to get a copy of a judgement in my favor from the court house,but am told we cant, but a lawyer can.My understanding was that this is public record and I should be allowed access to it.Please correct me if I'm wrong.

thank you for your time .

--name removed--Conway

Asked on 2/05/05, 11:37 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Todd Epp Abourezk & Epp Law Offices

Re: obtaining a copy of an entered judgement

You should be able to get a copy of the judgement if you are willing to pay for the copy. You will want a certified copy. Some clerks of courts in the smaller counties can be difficult to deal with (and others are absolutely wonderful). If you still have problems, contact a lawyer to help you. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 2/06/05, 11:12 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in South Dakota