Legal Question in Medical Malpractice in Tennessee

My dad Passed away in 2011. A week after he had banding of His esophagus. He was taken to the Emergency room in Claskville Tenn. by Ambulance my sister got there an hour later and he was sitting in the waiting room throwing up blood and had bloody diarreha. she informed them about the procedure he had had and the still took for ever to get him in a room once in the room my sister had to beg a nurse to come in and check on my dad when she saw how much blood he was throwing up she said oh my god and ran and got a doctor. By this time he started to go blind and his body was tensed up he went into arrest his last words were I'm not a DNR. I have seen the medical records and things just don't seem right. When he first started having this problem before his surgery the er on the military base where my sister lived instantly gave him blood clotter and saved him no one at this hospital did any of that he never woke up again about 8 hours after he arrived at the hospital he had bleed to death. I don't know if I should do anything about this I have looked up information on this hospital and they have had lawsuits against them for Malpratice a few times. Please any advice would be welcome I just want to do right by my dad. Thank you so very much for your input

Asked on 5/03/12, 1:46 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Thomas Greer Bailey & Greer, PLLC

In order to prove a malpractice claim in Tennessee you have to show that the doctor or health care provider acted negligently and that the negligence caused injury that would not have otherwise occurred. In your dad's case, it is impossible for anyone to determine whether malpractice occurred without knowing more facts and actually reviewing the medical records. I recommend you call an experienced medical malpractice attorney in Tennessee. Most will provide a free consultation. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 5/03/12, 2:13 pm

Thomas is correct. You need an attorney consultation. Most likely you will want an expert to review the records as well.

Thomas or I could assist with that, or any of the reputable attorneys in your area could as well.

Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 5/03/12, 3:41 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Medical Malpractice Law questions and answers in Tennessee