Legal Question in Banking Law in Tennessee


Can the bank send the police after me for a check that was wrote to me and deposited into my account that did not clear? It took 4 days for the money to be available, but after the money was withdrawn the bank sent me a letter saying that the check was returned to them and I needed to pay the money back and that they were sending the police after me. Can this be done?

Asked on 9/11/06, 11:46 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Anderson Anderson Business Law LLC

Re: Overdraft

If there was proof of intent to defraud or convert, they may try to make a case.

Read more
Answered on 9/11/06, 12:10 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Banking Law questions and answers in Tennessee