Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in Tennessee

I have a question about some issues with my roommate..He wants to sue me for stealing his laptop, and I didn't do anything. My roommate didn't pay his rent and utilities bill for a couple of months, and now he is accusing me for stealing his laptop. We call the police, and they wrote a report, but now I am scared to enter in my apartment because he is acting violently. What would be the legal consequences for me if he sues me for this?

thanks for your time,


Asked on 8/04/09, 2:15 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Dear john,

If he is not paying the utility bills then you can sue him for the same and complain about harassment.

Your further clarification is welcome at nominal consultation fee;


Advocate (Chandigarh, India)

M: 09814110005

e-mail: [email protected]

Note: We are group of advocates, experts in different fields of law in Supreme Court, All High Courts and few district courts of India and your case will be handled by our experts in your locality in India. Rest you may get only guidance and can engage any local lawyer plz..

Regards and good luck

Read more
Answered on 8/06/09, 10:38 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in Tennessee