Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in Tennessee

My son hit a cyclist on curved road and she died. The accident was ruled as such and no charges were filed. Blood work was also done. He is in such pain and we know her family is too. She has no husband and only one grown son---both parents are living. I am needing to know whatlaw suit could be filed against him even though no charges were filed? Thank you

Asked on 5/12/10, 7:44 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Elizabeth Karnazes New York Offices of Elizabeth Karnazes

If he is sued, turn it over to your insurance carrier and do not make any statements to police or the insurance carrier and get your own attorney. DO NOT TALK TO ANYONE NOT EVEN YOUR INSURANCE CARRIER, THEY ARE NOT YOUR FRIEND! EVERYTHING WILL BE USED AGAINST YOU!.Sorry this happened, but you have to be very careful, very, very CAREFUL> Please, feel free to call my office for a free consultation.

Read more
Answered on 5/21/10, 8:36 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in Tennessee