Legal Question in Consumer Law in Tennessee

new automobile insurance law

i have a seventeen year old who has a dirvers license strickly for id and can not drive. can i be force to put her on my policy and have to pay for it?

Asked on 2/01/09, 1:47 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

TC Langford Langford Law Office

Re: new automobile insurance law

She can get a separate non-owner's insurance policy. When a minor gets a driver's license, then it requires the consent of the parent, and thus the cooperation of the parent regarding insurance. Your insurance carrier will probably require that you either include her, or specifically exclude her from your policy.

If she isn't going to drive, then she can get a Texas ID from DPS.

Read more
Answered on 2/07/09, 10:53 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in Tennessee