Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Tennessee


I have attempted to work with my mortgage company for several months and I had payments returned. Now they have scheduled a foreclosure sale date for next week. I can not get anyone to talk with me at the company nor their represenative, their attorney. I could pay within 6 weeks all payments due. How do I get them to work with me or at least speak with me about this? I truly mailed payments that they say they never received or posted. Desperate for advise....

Asked on 4/16/03, 2:42 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Heidi Milam Heidi S. Milam, Attorney at Law

Re: foreclosure

The only way to get the mortgage company's attention at this point is to see them in court -- either file a petition in Chancery court to stop the foreclosure or file a bankruptcy petition. You need to speak to an attorney as soon as possible if you want to save your house. Once you fall behind on your mortgage, the mortgage company has the right to reject payments unless they are enough to redeem the mortgage. They will not wait 6 weeks for their money unless their is a court action on your behalf pending. At this point you must take court action to save your house from the foreclosure sale.

Read more
Answered on 4/17/03, 11:36 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Tennessee