Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Tennessee

What legal recourse do I have against someone who had signed a rental agreement on my house, lived in it for 3 months, and abandoned the property after falling behind on two months rent and utilities? I know where he works, but I am concerned about any confrontation. I don't want to end up in Jail myself, but I would not mind him doing some time.

Asked on 6/13/13, 9:20 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Barney Barney Law Firm

He would not be subject to any criminal charges. However, you could sue him for breaching the lease and for the unpaid rent/utilities.

Read more
Answered on 6/15/13, 8:50 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Tennessee