Legal Question in Criminal Law in Tennessee

I moved from Tennessee to Kentucky almost 2 years ago before I left tn they gave me 30 in jail for a misdimenor left. They suspended half making it 15 days and let me do weekends because I was having a very hard pregnancy during this time I did 7 days and then moved with the courts permission due to my child's father trying to kill id. They wanted me to return in November or December 2011 after I had the baby yo finish the time. My son was born premature and sick and since I have no one to keep him and my daughter so I could return. They hair since ordered a mititmus it mitimus and have taken away time served so its back to 30 days. Since they ordered this I have been pulled over but not arrested. What I need to know is if they can pick me up here and take me back and make me serve it and what exactly it is. Is it a warrent ? I am a recovering addict with over 3 years clean a full time college student I work 30 hours a week and take care of 2 kids alone with no inequality yo step in and help me if anything were to happened to me which is why I really need to know exactly what I am dealing with. So I am begging for some help please. Thanks for your time

Asked on 5/19/13, 3:18 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Your first point of contact should be the lawyer you handled your case when you were first convicted and sentenced.

Can the State of Tennessee come and get you from Kentucky to make you serve a remaining jail sentence? Yes.

Will they? If it is more than a county next to the state line (such as Oak Grove, Kentucky / Clarksville, TN) probably not. Not due to any mercy for your situation, just the dollars it would cost to transport you.

Read more
Answered on 5/20/13, 6:23 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Tennessee